Despite the thunderous arrival of new entrants, Facebook remains a key tool for advertisers and will remain to be so for a long time. With 2.96 billion active users as of 2023, it continues to be the world's largest social media platform. By advertising on Facebook, your ads can reach close to 30% of the world’s population. Therefore, do not skip this article as we will show you how to set up an effective advertising campaign!
Facebook Ads is a powerful tool but be careful, considering advertising without a strategy is a huge waste of time and money. I explain everything to you.
First step: Define your Campaign Objective.
Second step: Define Your Unique Buyer Persona.
Third step: Create a Business Manager.
Fourth step: Create Your Advertising Campaign.
1. Define your Campaign Objectives
The first thing to consider when creating a Facebook Ads advertising campaign is the campaign objective. You can choose from a variety of objectives, including brand awareness, consideration, conversion, loyalty, and many more. It is important to choose the objective that best suits your advertising needs and business goals.
Facebook ad objectives can help you achieve your goals, whether you want to boost product sales, drive website traffic, or find new business contacts. You need to choose wisely from the options below:
- Sales: These types of campaigns deliver better results for your business by targeting people who are more likely to purchase your product or service.
- Leads: The goal of leads campaign is to allow you to find people who may be interested in your products or services and collect information from them.
- Engagement: Engagement campaigns will encourage more people to subscribe to your Page or interact with your posts through comments, shares or likes. You can also choose to optimise for more responses to events or offer requests.
- Traffic: The goals of Traffic campaigns is to increase the number of people who visit your website, application or Messenger conversation, and increase the probability that they will take a defined action as a conversion element.
- Awareness: These type of Campaigns is to to Increase overall brand awareness by delivering ads to people most likely to pay attention to them.
- App Promotion: The goal of App Promotion is to increase the number of installations of your app by including a direct link to the App Store and Google Play store.
By choosing the best option for your content, you increase your chances of optimising your results.
2. Define your Unique Buyer Persona
Once objectives are clear, it’s time to define your buyer persona. This is a semi-fictional archetype based on market research or information you already have about your current customers. While it is inspired by reality, it is not a real person but rather a representation of your ideal customer.
Having a Buyer Persona will allow you, from a practical standpoint, to easily describe your target audience when creating your Facebook Ads campaign, but it will also serve you in your marketing strategy in general. Indeed, your buyer persona can help you provide a customer service experience that is tailored to your ideal buyer, and authentically appeal and connect with your target customers. In marketing, we frequently discuss the idea of "pain" as the unsatisfied need of a buyer persona. It is crucial to accurately identify this need that may be satisfied by your service or product.
To create a detailed buyer persona, it's essential to define them by their most general to most personal characteristics by putting yourself in their shoes. The following information and questions can help you create a detailed buyer persona:
1. Demographic data that allows for segmentation:
- Age: What is the ideal age range of your perfect customer?
- Income: What are the income ranges of your customers? Knowing this information helps you market to them effectively based on their disposable income.
- Occupation: What is their job title or role? What company or industry do they work in? How long have they been in their position? What are their responsibilities? What is their typical day like? What tools do they use or need?
2. Personal data that humanizes your buyer persona:
- Background: To get closer to your customer, it is key to cover his background - where we come from, his educational and/or professional experiences, and other important life events that have shaped him into who he is today.
- Hobbies: Another important aspect to touch upon is hobbies. What does he enjoy doing? What are his passions? This can reveal a lot about personality and interests.
- Goals and Objectives: Goals and objectives shapes the future. What is he working towards in his career or personal life? What motivates him to keep pushing forward and striving for success?
- Values, Beliefs and Fears: Lastly, especially in today’s worlds, people values and belieds worth a million. Value your customers’ principles, beliefs, and fears. What does he hold dear in his lives? What drives him to make the decisions he makes? What is he afraid of, and how does he manage those fears in his day-to-day lives? These are all important things to consider when getting to know your customer.
As controversial as it may be, a buyer persona has disrupted the marketing world and generated impressive results - this is the highly developed buyer persona of Abercrombie & Fitch. Take a look at A&F’s historic strategy described by Amanda Richards in An Oral History of ‘White Hot’ Mall Icon, Abercrombie & Fitch.
3. Create a Business Manager
Once the Strategy has been identified it’s time to get real and create a Business Manager Account. With this account, you'll be able to manage Pages, advertising accounts, professional item groups, applications, Instagram accounts, merchant accounts, activities, and WhatsApp accounts.
To create your Business Manager, you just need a professional email address and a Facebook profile. Once the account is created, you can configure it as follows:
- Add or create an advertising account
- Add or create a Facebook page
- Add people to your business manager (employees or service providers)
- Modify the settings of your Business Manager professional account
4. Create Your Advertising Campaign
Once the goals have been defined, it's time to add the campaign! Here are the different pieces of information to fill out:
- Choose the objective
- Define the target audience
- Choose the type of ad placement (automatic or manual)
- Choose a name and associate it with the Facebook page and/or Instagram account
- Choose the format
- Add the visuals and text
It's finally time to insert your content! Make sure it complies with Facebook's rules. You can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/business/ads-guide/update.
Here are the 4 main types of formats:
- Image ads
- Video ads
- Carousel format ads
- Collection format ads
Don't forget to be creative!
Advertising on Facebook Ads can be a very effective way to promote your business and reach new customers. By following the steps outlined above, you can create an effective advertising campaign that targets the right people with the right message. Remember to measure the results of your campaign so that you can adjust and optimize it accordingly.
Contact us to help you run your ads and navigate optimally on Facebook Ads.